Researchers estimate that we lose 90% of everything we learn immediately after learning it, so we need to assist our children in their learning process and ensure they recollect easily whatever they learn in school daily.
Most of the details that children learn are lost within a short time, because our brain only has limited space. And our brain doesn’t actually know how to determine if a detail will be useful to you at a later time… so it just forgets it.
Here are the reflective questions to help any student think and remember what they are Learning
1. What surprised you today, and why?
2. What’s the most important thing you learned today? Why do you think so?
3. What do you want to learn more about, and why?
4. Can you summarize what you learned today for me?
5. What made you curious today? How does learning feel different when you’re curious?
6. When were you at your best today, and why?
7. (Assuming we were studying the same thing and you could decide and have access to anything), where would you start tomorrow? Why?
8. What can/should you do with what you know?
9. When were you the most creative, and why do you think that is?
10. Are you motivated to learn it again?
Please share If this is useful to you.